The slowdown of the digestive system leads to many issues like acid reflux, constipation, heartburn, stomachache, bloating, nausea, indigestion, and more.
It is not always necessary to run to the pharmacy to cure digestive issues. Conventional medicine only provides temporary relief from digestion issues whereas natural remedies can provide real solutions.
Here is a collection of the best chronic digestive disorder home remedies to provide you with lasting relief from digestion problems.
Treat Chronic Digestion Problems With Home Remedies
The home remedies are quite easy to use as the ingredients required are readily available in your kitchen, and the preparation process is quick.
Let’s look in detail at the best home remedies for chronic digestive disorders:
Coriander works well to treat indigestion. It helps settle the stomach and provides relief from burning sensation, as well.
- Take 1 tsp of dried leaves of coriander or 1 tsp of powder of roasted coriander seeds.
- Add it to 1 cup of warm water. Stir it well.
- Add ½ tsp of salt for taste.
- Drink it twice a day for 1 week to treat a chronic digestive disorder.
Lack of hydrochloric acid in the stomach can slow down the digestion process. The consumption of black pepper leads to the increased flow of gastric juices required for digestion.
- Take 1 tsp powder of black pepper and dry ginger.
- Add it to 2 tsp of crushed jaggery. Mix it well and eat it after a meal.
- Follow the process twice daily to get rid of indigestion and gas problems.
Cloves are basically the buds of the dried flower of Eugenia aromatic. They are well known for their medicinal properties to treat dental issues. In the case of indigestion, constipation, and gas, cloves provide instant relief.
They increase the gastrointestinal secretions and gut motility, which helps improve digestion. The intake of cloves also provides relief from nausea and stomachache.
Consume small pieces of cloves along with salt if you get a burning sensation in your stomach. You can also make it a regular habit of consuming 1 piece of clove after a meal to avoid indigestion.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar plays an important role in relieving excessive acid in the stomach, which generally leads to indigestion. The neutralization of excess acid makes the digestion process easy and prevents acid reflux.
- Take 1 cup of water and add 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Add 1 tsp of honey to the solution to taste and stir it properly.
- Drink the solution 2-3 times a day to get relief from a chronic digestive disorder.
Baking soda is also useful for neutralization of excess acid in the stomach. It converts the excess of hydrochloric acid into salt and water. This boosts the digestion process and helps to get rid of constipation.
- Take ½ glass of water and add ½ tsp of baking soda to it.
- Stir it well and drink it on an empty stomach.
- Use this remedy every day for 2 weeks and the chronic digestive disorder will be gone.
Lemon is well known as a star ingredient in home remedies as it has many medicinal properties. It prevents indigestion by boosting digestion process, it is very helpful in getting rid of heartburn and nausea, and it helps the body to produce the bile juice required for digestion.
- Take 1 fresh lemon and squeeze the juice from it.
- Add 1 cup of hot water to the lemon juice and mix it well.
- Drink it first thing in the morning on an empty stomach
- Use this remedy regularly and say goodbye to chronic digestive disorders.
Ginger consists of spice and aroma which help to stimulate the saliva, gastric juices, and bile juices that aid in digestion. The consumption of ginger also provides instant relief from frequent vomiting due to indigestion.
- Take 1 small piece of ginger and add it to 1 cup of water.
- Boil the mixture on low flame for 2 minutes and add 1 tsp of sugar to it.
- Strain the solution and drink it when it is warm.
- Use this remedy after a meal if you are suffering from heartburn or indigestion.
Garlic has a property to stimulate the gastric system and thus helps relieve ingestion and gas problems. A soup served at the beginning of a meal often contains garlic to stimulate the digestive system and ensure proper digestion.
- Take 2-3 pieces of garlic and peel them properly.
- Add it to 1 glass of water along with ½ tsp of black pepper and ½ tsp of cumin seeds.
- Boil the mixture on a low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Strain and drink the solution 2-3 times a day to get instant relief from a chronic digestive disorder.
Asafoetida is generally used as a digestive spice in cooking in many Asian countries. It is very effective in treating digestive problems like constipation, stomachache, and flatulence.
- Take 1 glass of warm water and add a pinch of asafoetida to it.
- Drink this solution 2-3 times a day to treat chronic digestive disorders at home.
Tips to Prevent Digestive Problems
Here are some tips you should follow to prevent digestive problems and enjoy a healthy digestion process.
- Don’t skip meals as this could cause digestive problems.
- Follow a regular meal schedule. and allow a gap of at least 2 hours between meals for digestive juices to be released.
- Drink a lot of water, at least 6-8 glass per day to support the digestive process.
- Drink 1 glass of warm water in the morning on an empty stomach to stimulate the digestive system and get rid of constipation as well as indigestion.
There you go! Just follow these simple home remedies to treat chronic digestive disorders. Stop popping pills for digestion and make your own system capable of digesting food. Get rid of chronic digestive disorders, and live a healthy life.
Join the Mailing List